TAKING CARE OF YOUR RING.
Cleaning and/or lubricating your ring will keep your ring spinning and in good condition. Regularly adding some form of lubrication to your spinner ring can keep it spinning quietly and smoothly. If your ring is squeaky or difficult to spin, try lubricating between the inner and outer bands.
Spinner Ring Lubrication
1. To begin, you will need a suitable lubricant. Customers have reported good success with: commercially available silicone products and vegetable based oils. We suggest our Graphite Powder Lubricant. If you ordered your ring from us, you should have received a free bottle.
2. To apply a liquid silicone product (like personal lubricant) or vegetable oil, simply apply a small amount to your finger and rub it along the inside and outside of the ring where the bands meet.
3. Spin the ring back and forth to work the lubricant between the bands. Once the ring is spinning smoothly and quietly, wipe it off with your paper towel or rag to remove any excess lubricant.
4. To apply an aerosol lubricant, follow the instructions on the product you have selected to apply a small amount of lubricant along both edges of the band. Follow Step 3 above, adding more lubricant if necessary.
5. To use graphite from pencil lead, first grind a small amount of pencil lead into dust (by crushing a replacement stick of lead or shaving it from a pencil tip). We offer a fine graphite powder lubricant in the store. You should have received a free sample with your order.
6. Apply the powder along the edges of the bands and continue as explained in step 3 until your ring spins smoothly.
Using soap to clean your ring:
1. Gather the following items: a bowl or other container of warm water (large enough to submerge your ring and hand in) and mild dish soap like Ajax, Dawn or Ivory. We think dish soap is best since it does not leave a residue.
2. Pour a small amount of dish soap into the warm water.
3. Swirl the water around until you see some bubbles on the surface.
4. Submerge your ring in the water and spin it back and forth a little to try to loosen up any stuck on dirt. If your ring seems especially dirty, let it soak for about 5 minutes then try spinning it again while it is submerged. Once you get it moving, spin it in both directions a few more times to loosen any remaining dirt.
- Happy Skateboarding!